Ability Connection volunteers have the opportunity to help our members make new friends, social connections in the community, learn critical job/social skills and assist with recreational activities and classes in the Training Centers.
Last year, volunteers with Ability Connection provided 1080 hours of services which equates to a value of $29,376
- Complete the volunteer form
- The Volunteer Manager will contact you and set up a time to connect/meet/talk
- The Volunteer Manager will arrange a “meet and greet”
- At the meet and greet, if all goes well, you and the member (and care provider/guardian if appropriate) will decide when and how to get started and will agree on basic days and times.
- Prior to spending time with the member, you will receive training deemed appropriate for the safety, well being and enjoyment of the member.
Benefits of becoming an Ability Connection volunteer:
You will get to know amazing people, with their own stories, passions and interests. More importantly, you will have a huge and lasting impact on the lives of a person with a significant disability. Our members truly love to interact with others and will enjoy getting to know you!