Ability Connection is committed to helping families who care for their children with disabilities.
NEW! In-Home Youth Respite Program
Ability Connection’s new In-Home Youth Respite Care provides parents and guardians with a much-needed break while their children are safely cared for at home by another trusted caregiver of their choice. Parents can use this time to do other important tasks, in or away from home. To qualify for the new program, children must reside in Dallas County and be under the age of 18.
Some benefits of In-Home Respite Care are:
– Reduced caregiver stress, which could lead to greater levels of patience;
– Improved relationship between caregiver and the one receiving care;
– Caregiver peace of mind knowing the loved one is in safe and trusted hands
Caregiver Relief in Your Own Home
Receive a voucher for up to $100 worth of in-home respite care per quarter.
– You choose the respite provider – this could be a family member or trusted friend.
– Once the care has been provided, and Ability Connection receives documentation, a check will be issued as reimbursement.
For additional information on our In-Home Respite Care, and for worry-free tips and suggested caregiver-interview questions, please read “A Guide for Caregiver Relief.”
To get started in this incredible new Youth Services program, complete and save the Registration and W-9 forms below, then send them to CampConnections@abilityconnection.org:
Once In-Home Respite care has been provided, please complete and send the In-Home Provider Form to CampConnections@abilityconnection.org.